It has been some time since I have made a post here, but fear not – I have been busy in the interim! :)
I am very pleased to announce the release of my new book, entitled NUMBER SENSE – A Combined Grades Resource for Kindergarten and Grade 1 Math Classrooms.
As the title suggests, it has been written in support of teachers of K/1 combined classes. The resource deals specifically with the number strand outcomes from the WNCP curriculum (the one currently in place in Canada), and does so in a way that keeps kindergarten and grade 1 learners together. The resource includes:
• 12 lesson sequences covering all of the number strand from the K&1 curricula
• line masters for all lessons
• practice opportuntities in the form of games, centres and additional tasks
• ideas for meaningful daily routines – an alternative to calendar!
• assessment tools – both formal and informal
The cost for the resource is $30 plus $4 shipping (for 3 or more copies, shipping costs will differ).
If you’d like to order a copy, please click here to fill out the online order form.
Thanks so much for your support…
UPDATE: Thank you to all of those who have bought the book! A file of select line masters drawn from the resource is attached here. These are best printed and enjoyed in colour…